Apply for Discretionary Housing Payments

You can use this application form to make a claim for

* Discretionary Housing Payment

* Rent in Advance

* Moving Costs

You can claim a Discretionary Housing Payment if you are currently receiving Housing Benefit or the Housing Element of Universal Credit which does not cover your full rent charge.

Rent in Advance Payments are discretionary payments to help secure new properties for tenants that are facing exceptional circumstances and significant financial hardship

Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council has a limited amount of money that can be used to help residents who have a shortfall between the amount of Housing Benefit or Universal Credit they receive and the amount of rent they have to pay.

All awards are made at the authority's discretion. The authority will look at your circumstances to see whether you are eligible for a payment, how much you will be paid and for how long you will receive the payment.

Awards are normally short term and should not be relied upon to solve long term shortfalls in benefit.

The Benefits Team would normally deal with all Discretionary Housing Payments, however there may be times we will be required to share your information to enable access to other Nuneaton and Bedworth funding, such as the Housing Team for assistance with Rent in Advance.

Start a new application

Choose this option to start a new application. Click on the start button:

Continue with a saved form

Choose this option to continue filling out a saved application