Test and Trace Self-Isolation Support Payment

About this form

On 20 September, the Government announced a new national Test and Trace Support scheme which started on 28 September 2020 for certain people who are required by law to self-isolate. If you have been told by the NHS to self-isolate, either because you have tested positive for coronavirus COVID-19 or you have been in contact with someone who has tested positive, you may be entitled to some financial support during your self-isolation period. This form is an application for that financial support. For further information please follow the link below:

New package to support and enforce self-isolation (GOV.UK website)

From 8 March 2021, the scheme has been expanded so parents or guardians who are not legally required to self-isolate can apply for a Test and Trace Support Payment or discretionary payment if they need to take time off work to care for a child or young person who is self-isolating.

How much funding will be provided?

People from 28 September being required by law to self-isolate, may be entitled to a lump sum payment of 500 to cover their period of isolation. This payment is targeted at people who are employed or self-employed on lower incomes who cannot work from home and have lost income while in isolation as a result.

This form is provided to capture the information required by the council to verify your eligibility for payment of the grant.

Before you start

You will need the following information to complete this form:

• A copy of your latest bank statement (one issued within the last two months which must clearly show proof of earnings if you are employed)

• Proof of self-employment e.g. recent business bank statement (within the last two months) most recent set of accounts or evidence of self-assessment returns

• Proof of your notification from NHS Test and Trace asking you to self-isolate which will have your unique Test and Trace account ID on it

• Your national insurance number

If you are claiming as a parent or guardian of a child or young person you will not be required to have a Test and Trace account ID for yourself but will also need to provide:

• The name and age of the child who is self-isolating

• That child's education or care setting and year group including an email or phone number for the setting

• And either:

        ◦ the child's eight-digit NHS Test and Trace ID number. This is for parents and guardians of children or young people who have received a notification directly from NHS Test and Trace telling them to self-isolate, or

        ◦ a communication from the child or young person's education or childcare setting confirming that they have to self-isolate. This is for parents and guardians of children or young people who have been told to self-isolate by their education or childcare setting because they have been identified as a close contact of someone who has tested positive, or

        ◦ a screenshot of a young person's NHS COVID-19 App notification telling them to self-isolate AND evidence that the young person has an Education, Health and Care Plan. This is for parents or guardians of young people aged 16-25 who have additional support needs and who have been notified to self-isolate by the NHS COVID-19 App

Please note: If you are self-isolating yourself then please do not claim as being a parent or guardian of a young person who is self-isolating but make a claim in your own right

Start a form

Choose this option to start a new application. Click on the start button: